You start your day, get your kids ready, head off to wherever you need to go, take care of chores and tasks at home or work and all of a sudden it’s lunch time and you’re starving. You skipped breakfast again.
Please tell me I’m not the only one this happens to!
year month I tell myself I’m going to be better about having breakfast. When I don’t eat breakfast I’m irritable, forgetful, and less productive. As a working mom this is not the best approach to things!
I’ve learned that I’m the kind of person who will get up and just start going. I’ll do things for other people and yet I have a hard time stopping to do things for myself.
I discovered that the best way to make sure that I’m getting my breakfast in is to make it easy: prep ahead of time and have it be something I can eat on-the-go.
On-the-go Healthy Breakfast with Post® Great Grains®
Trail mix is something I’ve always loved as a snack so I don’t know why it took me so long to realize this would be a great breakfast option.
- I start with Post® Great Grains® cereal. I love the Cranberry Almond Crunch because you’ve already got a great foundation for your trail mix.
- I add in yogurt chips and plantain chips (You could do dried banana chips or any other dried fruit but keep in mind these can be quite sugary).
- I divide this dry mix up and portion off into plastic baggies. But that’s not all…
- I add fresh fruit to my trail mix. Rather than mixing this in ahead of time, I wash all the fruit (I prefer raspberries, grapes and blueberries).
- I keep the washed mix in the fridge and add a handful to a plastic baggie of the dry mix in the morning.
Post® Great Grains® cereal has given me a great foundation to create a healthy on-the-go breakfast that helps me make sure I’m taking care of myself in the morning. Good news is, the kiddos love it too and it’s great to have these on-hand for a mid-day snack as well.
Want to try the Cranberry Almond Crunch or another one of Post® Great Grains® flavors? Get your coupon!