By Heather Ortega, Beachbody Fitness Coach
“Mom, can we go to the park?!” When you have kids & live in a condo you are ALWAYS at the park! Even if you have a backyard, the park is a great place to go to when you want to get out of the house and into the sunshine for some outdoor fitness!
Instead of standing around scrolling FB or sitting on the bench watching my littles play — I found this to be a great way to do what Moms do best — multi-task!
Here are some sneaky ways to squeeze in some outdoor fitness while playing with your kids!
1) Warm up = TAG Your It! Kick off 10 minutes of tag to warm yourself up & get that heart rate up!
2) Legs = Hide & Seek “Count” 25 jump squats while they hide. Then THEY jump on your turn to hide while you really pop out 20 push-ups & duck into the nearest spot by the time they get done counting! *Use a bench or a picnic table if you’re just starting out.
3) The kiddo is spent & ready to swing = Push-Me-Mommy Lunges With each push, backward lunge – alternating legs as many times as you can while practicing counting with your little one.
By this time they are content to play alone or with friends on the playground. You have back, arms & abs left to knock out.
4) Use the monkey bars to attempt a few pull-ups. Try the tough ones first & then use the steps to give yourself a little push when you need it. Each time you’ll get better & knock out 10 before you know it!
5) Alternate tricep dips & abs on a bench to failure (when you can’t do any more)
6) Stretch, smile & breathe in the sunshine!
By this time the kiddos are hungry & happy- Mommy played with them … and Mommy is happy that she played and worked out. Now maybe mommy can actually enjoy nap time!
Beachbody Fitness Coach
Mama of a tween & a preschooler, Wifey to a national recording artist & Fitness Coach with Beachbody, juggling it all day by day to be the best version of me & inspire others. Motivating Moms is my passion.